Nutrient Breakdown Of Halo Orange
A Halo orange, also known as a Clementine, typically contains around 35-40 calories. Here is a breakdown of the nutrient content in a typical Halo orange:
– Carbohydrates: Approximately 9 grams
– Fiber: Around 1-2 grams
– Protein: Less than 1 gram
– Fat: Negligible amount (less than 0.5 grams)
– Vitamin C: Provides about 60-70% of the recommended daily intake
– Other vitamins and minerals: Contains small amounts of vitamin A, potassium, and calcium
Please note that the nutrient content may vary slightly depending on the size and ripeness of the orange.
Health Benefits Related to Halo Orange
1. Halo oranges are low in calories, with only about 40 calories per fruit. This makes them a great choice for those watching their calorie intake.
2. These oranges are packed with vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system and helps protect against illnesses.
3. Halo oranges are also a good source of dietary fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a healthy gut.
1. When consuming halo oranges, practice portion control by limiting yourself to one or two oranges per serving.
2. Instead of relying solely on halo oranges for cooking and baking, explore healthier alternatives like using fresh fruits or vegetables as ingredients.
3. Consider the dietary guidelines for fat and calorie intake, opting for cooking methods that involve less oil or butter and using low-fat substitutes when possible.
Additional Information Related to Halo Orange
1. “How Many Calories in a Halo Orange?” – Learn about the calorie content of a Halo orange and its nutritional benefits. (Link: www.healthline.com/nutrition/calories-in-halo-orange)
2. “Understanding Fats and Their Role in a Balanced Diet” – Explore the different types of fats, their impact on health, and how to incorporate them into a balanced nutrition plan. (Link: www.eatright.org/food/nutrition/dietary-guidelines-and-myplate/understanding-fats)
3. “Creating a Balanced Meal Plan: Tips and Recipes” – Discover recipes and resources to help you plan balanced meals that include the right amount of calories, fats, and other essential nutrients. (Link: www.choosemyplate.gov/recipes-cookbooks-and-menus)